UBC VANCOUVER SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS
LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL JULY 12, 2013.
For those Planning to Graduate in May/November 2015
APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION TO MAJOR, COMBINED MAJOR OR HONOURS PROGRAM
Information and Instructions: Please read carefully. APPLICATION FORM LINK BELOW.
1. The Prerequisites for the Major, Combined Major and Honours Programs are described in the Application Information. Read carefully before completing this application form. Students interested in the Minor program please consult the current UBC Calendar.
2. This application form is to be completed by all students who are planning to graduate in May/November 2015. All Economics programs are two-year programs. Students should apply in May 2013 if they will have completed a minimum of 54 credits of work towards the B.A. degree by September 1, 2013.
3. A student who in May 2013 -- (i) is not registered in UBC; and/or (ii) is not registered in the Faculty of Arts; and/or (iii) has a deficiency in one or more prerequisites -- but who expects to have satisfied these three requirements by September 1, 2013, must submit an application by the May deadline. Their application will be considered on a provisional basis (see Application Information) pending completion of the missing requirements. The student must inform the Vancouver School of Economics once he/she has been admitted to UBC and/or the Faculty of Arts, and/or has completed the prerequisite deficiencies. This notice must be received by the School no later than August 31, 2013. An official transcript of Summer Session grades is required.
4. There is no application form for students who wish to graduate in May/November 2014. Enrollment in Economics Majors programs is limited by the Vancouver School of Economics' capacity to offer the required, final year, research-seminar course, Econ 490. All spaces in Econ 490 for Winter 2013/2014 (Term 1: Sept-Dec 2013 and Term 2: Jan-Apr 2014) have already been allocated to students who applied to our two-year programs, on schedule, in May 2012. There is no possibility for students who apply to Economics Programs in May 2013 to take Econ 490 before Winter 2014/2015, even if they have completed all the prerequisites. This is not negotiable. Students who wish to graduate from UBC in May/November 2014 must do so with a Major other than Economics.
5. The Faculty of Arts requires that all students declare a Major Specialization at the beginning of their third year (60 credits or more completed). Students with 75 or more credits on their transcript must have a Major Specialization (other than Economics) declared on the Student Service Center in order to apply.
6. This form should also be used by students in the Faculty of Science who are applying to the Combined Major in Economics and Mathematics and the Combined Major in Economics and Statistics and students in Applied Science doing the Dual Degree.
7. Completed application form and, if applicable, official transcript(s) from all other post-secondary institution(s) attended, should be received by this School by May 20, 2013.
Vancouver School of Economics
University of British Columbia
#997 - 1873 East Mall
Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z1
All queries should be sent to the above address, or by email to the Undergraduate Program (Umbertina.Marandola@ubc.ca). Applicants should not expect to be notified whether they have been accepted before the end of July. Please do not phone or email for this information.
Next (APPLICATION FORM)